EU public consultation on INTERREG EUROPE
The interregional cooperation programme 2014-2020, called ‘INTERREG EUROPE’, is currently being shaped. Its objective is to help European regions to design and implement regional policies and programmes more effectively, in particular the EU Structural and Investment Funds programmes for Growth and Jobs, but also, where relevant, the programmes under the European Territorial Cooperation (ETC) goal. The programme aims to do so through enabling exchange of experience, knowledge and good practices among relevant stakeholders from different European regions.
The programme will address four thematic objectives:
- Strengthening research, technological development and innovation
- Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs
- Supporting the shift towards a low-carbon economy in all sectors
- Protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency
Two actions are envisaged in this programme:
- The programme will fund interregional cooperation projects which allow partners from the different EU Member States, Norway and Switzerland to work together on a shared regional policy issue under the four thematic objectives supported. By adopting successful approaches from other project partners, the regions involved in these projects should improve the way their programmes and policies are implemented.
- The programme will provide assistance to all European regions through policy learning platforms covering the four thematic objectives. These platforms will offer services such as individual advice, peer reviews, thematic seminars and recommendations on the design and implementation of Structural and Investment Funds programmes.
The programme covers the whole territory of the European Union (EU), Norway and Switzerland. The programme is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with a budget of €359 million for the 2014-2020 period.
Partner State representatives have been consulted and provided input to produce a draft Cooperation Programme detailing the thematic objectives selected by the programme. It is accompanied by an Environmental Report.
At this point, the INTERREG EUROPE Partner States wish to consult all relevant stakeholders throughout Europe, i.e. local, regional and national authorities, economic and social partners as well as bodies representing thematic groupings and civil society, including environmental partners, non-governmental organisations, etc.
Your answers will contribute to improving the shape of the future programme and ensuring its sound implementation.
The survey is open from 10 January until 21 March 2014.
- Download the INTERREG EUROPE draft Cooperation Programme document | Summary document
- Download the INTERREG EUROPE Environmental Assessment report | Summary document
We advise all interested parties to read the draft Cooperation Programme and Environmental report before completing the questionnaire. Non-technical summaries of the Cooperation Programme and Environmental Report are also available.
The questionnaire should take around 15 minutes to complete. You may download the PDF version of the questionnaire to prepare your answers. Answers may only be submitted online, in English.
The consultation closed on 21 March 2014.
A consultation report is now available.
Thank you for your participation.