Gestió Sostenible Rural. INCORPORATION OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY in SMES in the territories Leader
Topic of the practice
Incorporation of CSR in the companies that have been awarded leader grants, as a strategy to guarantee the sustainable development of a local territory.
Good Practice Information
La Garrotxa (Girona – Spain) used Leader Plus as a tool to stimulate integration of CSR criteria in companies awarded with public grants. A methodology of public grants management was developed to help beneficiaries adopt economic, social and environmental policies respecting people and the environment (Sustainable Management Code). Application in SMEs was supported by technical consultancy.
The methodology is now being applied in 200 firms, through the national programme "Gestió Sostenible Rural". The project budget is 1.321.000 euro.
It is structured in the following stages: Projects-companies’ selection; Appointment of CSR advisor; Initial analysis; Elaboration of improvement programme; Implementation of corrective measures; Validation; Elaboration of sustainability report.
Evidence of success
• 16 training courses & visits / ongoing technical assistance / 6 technical support cells
• CSR Training for politicians, managers, technicians (18 CSR technical specialists)
• 77 CSR events with over 2,000 people
• Creation of on-line CSR Observatory (over 10.000 visitors a year).
• Preparation of sustainability report in 70 SMEs and implementation of CSR policies in 200
Contact details to obtain further information on the practice
JORDI TERRADES / SUSANNA ALSINA COLL
FUNDACIÓ PRIVADA GARROTXA LÍDER
Annex completed on: 07-10-2012