Better accountability of R&D expenditures in business with the help of public support
Topic of the practice
Innovation, public innovation support services
Good Practice Information
Lessons learnt from the project partner regions on measuring innovation and applicability of ALBI model has been successfully applied in Lithuania, resulting in new innovation support services. Main stakeholders involved are: Ministry of Economy, Statistics Lithuania, Lithuanian Innovation Centre, Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology.
The objective is to improve the accountability of
R&D expenditures in business with the help of public support services. New public services have been introduced carrying out the following activities:
• Support for SMEs in identification of R&D activities, including main attributes and characteristics;
• Preparation of R&D activities accounting guidelines;
• Preparation of R&D expenditures accounting system and guidelines.
Evidence of success
The practice enables better measurement of innovation processes in business. Therefore, policymakers can take an appropriate actions that results in:
- Design of public support that better reflects the needs and stimulates innovation;
- Clear justification of the public intervention in the innovation processes;
- Better understanding direct as well as indirect impact of public innovation support.
Contact details to obtain further information on the practice
Lithuanian Innovation Centre
Annex completed on: 10-13-2015