Inno-Hub

Project information

Index: 0898R2
Acronym:PROSPECTS
Priority:1: Innovation and the knowledge economy
Sub Theme:Entrepreneurship and SMEs
Location MAGYARORSZAG DUNANTUL City of Tatabanya Kozep-Dunantul Start/End date of the practice
Start: 2009-04-01
End: 2010-07-01

Topic of the practice

Connect SMEs with service companies to help them to implement innovative activities

Good Practice Information

The enterprises often cannot implement themselves their innovative activities and rely on outside companies that offer innovation services. However, they often do not know where they could look for a good service company. The objective of this GP is to connect the SMEs with service companies to help them to implement innovative activities and then to improve the economical competitiveness of the region.Each company can use it for free but the registers have to provide business and/or innovation and/or R&D services. The Central Transdanubian Regional Innovation Agency is at the initiative of the project. The three main activities of Inno-hub are the set-up and running of a database of innovation services companies (innovation proposals, studies, innovation events, publishing of innovation books etc.), the organization of innovation-related events for SMEs (9 workshops have been organized to present the INNO-HUB and introduce innovation and R&D services suppliers) and the publication of documents (the Agency published a booklet which presents the services suppliers listed in the database. The aim of it is to present the project to regional companies and to encourage them to use Inno-hub and to contact services companies). The database of the Inno-Hub was integrated in the homepage of the Central Transdanubian Regional Innovation Agency. Its only cost was the hosting fee. The Inno-Hub had then no real cost to the structure. In the implementation time, 90% of the budget was supported by national sources of financing while the remaining 10% was supported by the own resources of the Agency. The implementation gave 2 part-time jobs. The total budget of the Inno-hub project was EUR 20,300.

Evidence of success

The database included 200 companies. In last time the companies were particularly keen on using tender making and tender consultancy services. No survey was conducted with every user but some of them told the Agency that they found 5% of their customers thanks to the database.

Contact details to obtain further information on the practice

Tamas Galgovics

City of Tatabanya

Galgovics.Tamas@tatabanya.hu

www.kdriu.hu

As of 31 December 2015, this website is no longer updated. Follow news on interregional cooperation at www.interregeurope.eu