CRM-System use for innovation services
Topic of the practice
Wirtschaftsförderung und Technologietransfer Schleswig-Holstein GmbH (WTSH) is documenting and monitor his innovation services to their costumers (the companies settled in the region) through a Costumer-Relationship-Management (CRM)-System in a structured way.
Good Practice Information
The Costumer-Relationship-Management (CRM) System used by WTSH is programmed and usually distributed to profit-orientated firms and is though not a specific CRM-System for business development actors. Furthermore it offers some flexibility to design it for a business-development context. It offers several following functions; beside the standard features of an CRM-System like
- search feature
WTSH use its system in an intellegent way for monitoring their innovation-policy activities:
- number of contacts / visits(consultations)
- types of visited institutions: firms, universities or network-institutions etc.
- number of organized events
- number of arranged cooperations (B2B and B2Science)
- number of patent-analysis
- number of patent-consultations
- number brand/patent-researches
- number of patent/brand monitoring etc…
Evidence of success
To monitor the innovation service activities with a CRM-Software has serveral benefits:
- actuality of the data
- availability of the data at "one-click"
- structured data
Furthermore it motivates and focuses on the work of the employees working in the field of innovation services by setting incentives. Though the innovation services itselfs gets more efficient and effective.
Contact details to obtain further information on the practice
Annex completed on: 03-31-2011