Mind your Own Business
Topic of the practice
Interaction between knowledge providers and enterprises to increase innovation levels of firms
Good Practice Information
Mind your own business (MYOB) is a “One stop shop” for start-up businesses with two locations within the greater Gothenburg Area. Its aim is to lower the obstacles by providing individual counselling on locations that are easy to access, and that is regarded as a safe, friendly environment.
The target group is any private person or company with:
1) A dream of starting and managing a business
2) A business plan or concept
3) An invention or innovation.
The services provided are:
Individual counselling before the set up of a business;
Start your own business courses;
Guiding to the most suited service provider according to the needs of the customer;
Follow-up meetings to secure the quality;
Open activities i.e. “Starting up a business days, business-plan competitions, trade-shows.
Evidence of success
In it’s first twelve months of operation MYOB has been presented to 10 000 individuals. Nothing similar have been tried out in Sweden. The differences to traditional start-up counselling are: neutral; free of charge; easy accessible.
The service called Mind Your Own Busines at Business Region Göteborg AB is now closed. Instead and in line with the Mind you Own Business GP's spirit, they have set up three Business Centers in areas with higher unemployment level and where the inhabitants are non-native swedes.
They also plan to
1. create an “ Entrepreneurial House” including all the supporting organisations (one-stop-shop) and make it easier to start, run and develop business in Gothenburg. Opening Q1 2016 if everything runs as planned
2. create a new way of co-operate among all supporting orgnisations in order to increase the quality and the effecincy. WE are inspired by “ Lyon , Ville d’entrepreneuriat” partner in the Interreg-project Imageen.
Contact details to obtain further information on the practice
Business Region Göteborg