Entree of gender equality in Östergötland
Topic of the practice
Gender and entrepreneurship
Good Practice Information
The main objective of the project Entree was to change the existing advisory and financing system for SMEs. Moreover, the project aimed at breaking the gender segregation in entrepreneurship and at increasing the number of women entrepreneurs in the region concerned.
The core of the project design is based on a number of activities with the common aim to raise awareness, increase advisory competence and change the advisory bodies’ ways of working. The project enables advisors to practice their new knowledge in their every day working life.
The six core activities are:
- Exchange of experiences between the organizations involved,
- Development of methods to measure results and development,
-Training across organisational borders
- Development of new working methods in the operations of each advisory organization
- Directing resources using pilot projects
- Implementing new working methods in the operations of each advisory.
- Some of the activities were continuous throughout the 3-year project period. The Entree model is a three-step model for integrating equality into existing operations
Evidence of success
Through extensive education efforts, gender awareness has been raised within many individuals and organisations. However, it is difficult to measure to what extent. There are signs of new ways of working within the advisory system. But it takes time to changes attitudes and transfer new awareness and knowledge into practice. The results have to be seen from a long term perspective.
There are tendencies of increased number of women entrepreneurs.
Many networks have been created and are still operated today.
Contact details to obtain further information on the practice
Madeleine Söderstedt Sjöberg
The County Administrative Board of Östergötland