Topic of the practice
An innovation forum which aims at encouraging the creation and the development of start-ups and jobs in the territory. It also aims at promoting publicly funded research projects.
Good Practice Information
The 4i® Forum has 3 main aspects:
• Technology showcase: the very latest technological innovations developed in Rhone‐Alps research laboratories
• Round table
• 4i® Venture: organised meetings between companies and investors. In 2014, experts were gathered from 7 countries, 32 projects from 50 proposals were selected
The selection used to be limited to the Alpine region for both projects and business
angels, while capital ventures could be national or international. The Forum is financed by local and national governments. For the last 3 years, some private sponsors have supported this event. Investors also pay entrance fees.
Evidence of success
Main inputs are based on total figures, since the forum's creation in 1998.
- 268 projects have been presented to the Venture4i.
- 215 companies formed as a result of these projects are still in business and have developed, generating 2100 jobs in the Grenoble Basin and 3000 jobs in total.
- Over 600 million € have been raised by more than 93 start‐ups located in the Grenoble Basin.
Contact details to obtain further information on the practice
Ville de Grenoble
Annex completed on: 11-03-2013