Broadband Network of Eastern Poland
Topic of the practice
Private-public partnerships and access to public and private funding solutions
Good Practice Information
This good practice aims to provide backbone and (regional) distribution infrastructure for the purposes of an NGA network in order to:
-eliminate market failures (lack of investments in broadband infrastructure which results in absence of broadband access offer or in availability of only one such offer with inadequate terms, i.e., materially worse than in areas with effective competition)
-ensure that areas regarded by operators as unprofitable for development of NGA networks within reasonable time, benefit from material influence of NGA networks on economy and do not suffer from new digital divide with regard to NGA networks.
Evidence of success
- The regional broadband network will consist of 2259 km optical fiber network and 223 nodes.
- Analyses the methodology for choosing proper areas of intervention
- Preparing an stocktaking of local ICT networks for the purposes of building regional broadband network 4. Good example of public private partnership
- Optimized costs of the network management
- Portal www.wrota.warmia.mazury.pl
Contact details to obtain further information on the practice
Annex completed on: 06-18-2014