Love of Nature App
Topic of the practice
The “Love of Nature” app shows the offer of the region to tourists
Good Practice Information
"The “Love of Nature” app shows how a region can be made more attractive for tourists by making their information on hiking, cycling, and canoeing tours easily available through an app. Unique landscapes and a well developed route network for hikers, cyclists, water sportsmen and riders make Saxony-Anhalt a prime address for active holiday makers and friends of nature:
- Along with more than 18 trans regional cycling routes and almost 3,000 kilometres of regional routes cyclists run through Saxony-Anhalt on their wheels.
- Hikers particularly enjoy the Harz Mountains. The near-natural courses of the rivers Elbe, Saale, Unstrut and Havel are patches for those travelling by canoe or kayak.
- With its 1,600 kilometres of sign-posted bridle paths and its good services for horse and rider the Altmark in northern Saxony-Anhalt is a popular destination with horse enthusiasts.
The new Naturfreude-App ("Love of Nature" App) offers a range of fully elaborated cycling and hiking tours as well as bridle paths. A detailed description containing information on sights along the routes (POI), travel distances, difficulty levels and specialities is available for every presented route. Additionally, there are literature and map suggestions, important addresses for inquiries on site as well as travel advice. An altitude profile displays the ascents to be climbed. Aerial images and hybrid pictures convey impressions of the landscape. The navigation is easy to use. Search functions allow choosing from trip suggestions according to length, difficulty level and region. Topographic maps can be generated for a better orientation. The available routes are transferred from online to offline mode.
Evidence of success
Because of the app it has been possible to :
• Broadly display different offers around the theme active tourism in Saxony-Anhalt
• Establish the federal state Saxony-Anhalt as a tourist destination for active tourism
Contact details to obtain further information on the practice
Invest and Marketing Corporation Saxony-Anhalt
Annex completed on: 08-24-2012