Mobility Management at Industrial Park Höchst
Topic of the practice
Good Practice Information
Mobility Management at Industrial Park Höchst shows a good example of mobility management. Frankfurt developed Mobility Management measures for one of the largest gated industrial sites in Europe with more than 90 companies and 22,000 employees. The measures aim at strengthening sustainable mobility by improving biking and public transport facilities and information. The industrial site management company Infraserv and TraffiQ were the main stakeholders involved in the project.
The fact that there is a site management company which is in contact with all companies located in the industrial area is a vital advantage for implementing the project. Besides the whole site can be regarded as one unit. Thus the critical mass important for some measures is easily reached and even small enterprises can benefit from these measures (e.g. jobticket).
Evidence of success
The most important results include:
• improvement of connections between the site internal PT and the official PT of Frankfurt;
• implementation of a Job-tickets;
• development of an Mobility-Card approach;
• instalment of an intranet webpage for PT connections.
Other measures implemented successfully include:
• Integration of public transport information in the intranet of Industrial Park Höchst
• Improvement of biking facilities including a bike rental scheme at the park
• Integration of a car pooling system into the park’s intranet
• Development of a mobility portal based on a map (as web gis) for widespread mobility information for all employees
Contact details to obtain further information on the practice
traffiQ Local Public Transport Authority Frankfurt am Main GmbH
Annex completed on: 02-26-2014