AREA APPROACH AMELTERHOUT (Wij(k)aanpak)
Topic of the practice
Area-based approach for home-owners in favor of energy efficiency measures.
Good Practice Information
Initiative of Assen Municipality together with Amelterhout home-owners, using social structures and involvement of inhabitants to create larger effects in promotion campaigns for energy efficiency improvements, 5 home-owners in one street were appointed as 'area team'.
They hosted meetings, made a local newsletter and went door- to-door to motivate and convince their neighbors about energy efficiency measures needed to be taken, for better comfort and less energy costs for the future.
Evidence of success
- Energy Efficiency Advice (incl. Energy Label registration) for 80 houses (from 126 houses in total)
- Energy Efficiency measures taken in 55 houses.
- Five street meetings were realized to discuss the project.
- Local companies were contracted for the efficiency measures.
- Registration of new energy labels were also registered after ending of the project afterwards.
Contact details to obtain further information on the practice
Municipality of Assen
Annex completed on: 11-27-2014